Custom Subwoofer Box

Note: This comment was manually reconstructed from our old forum, so apologies for any editing issues.

Well, I have completed three steps of upgrades to the factory stereo. Stage 4 started today. I am upgrading the amp to Kenwood 4 channel “marine” model and adding and 8” Polk Audio subwoofer along with trying out a custom enclosure mounted in the rollbar triangle.

If it works well, I will share the dimensions and mounting system.

sub.2

Here are some more pictures. It’s coming out pretty cool I think. The amp comes this week and I can try everything before I wrap the box and do some final tweaking to the mounts. It’s very solid and pretty easy to remove. It will also mount without the top on.

sub.3

sub.4

sub.5

sub.6

1 Like

How does this work out with the top off? Any pics of what the Bronco looks like topless?

I have never taken the rear hard top off, so I’m not sure. If I planned to, I would have probably finished the box in truck bed coating or vinyl. I can tell you I can’t see it in my mirror at all and it takes up almost 0 cargos space.

I didn’t share the final stage info, here are some pictures of the Kenwood amp and Audio Control LOC. the system has been great. I would compare it to the Lux package with upgraded speakers, minus a bit of the good sound stage the factory DSP provides.