Fun at Drummond Island

A few members are enjoying Drummond Island March 1-3. It’s been a blast. Interesting conditions, the snow actually makes the trails smoother and it has been very grippy. The ice has been really challenging :cold_face:

2 Likes

Here is s short video of Bill T being spotted by Matt R at Marblehead today (3.2.24)

2 Likes

Looks beautiful! I’m glad the weather held up. Did you record the route in GAIA? :smiley:

We did. Upper part of the Off Road park and the various pieces we did today. Here is the route we took to Marblehead. We did a few shared use trails, no snowmobiling was even near possible.

1 Like

Back home and all cleaned up. I thought people might be interested in what a weekend adventure to DI might cost. Here’s my breakdown for this weekend (we got a good off season rate and group discount from Drummond Island Resort).

790 Miles door to door.

53 Gallons of fuel @3.49= $185

Three trail lunches and breakfasts in the cabin= $50

2 Bedroom Cabin (split two ways) from Drummond Island resort $200

2 dinners out $70

Annual off road park pass $35

Total approximately $550 for two full days on the trail and nice accommodations.

2 Likes

Thanks!

The cost breakdown is quite helpful. :smiley:

1 Like

We had a blast with all of you again! Love the cost breakdown - if you split the lodging it really can be an affordable weekend - we talked about cooking dinners at the cabin as well to save cost but decided it was worth it to enjoy dinner with the group at the end of the day!

3 Likes

We planned ( and brought food) for dinners the 1st time but decided we just didn’t want the effort after a long day. Didn’t bring food the 2nd time and happy with that decision.

1 Like