IAG Interior Light Kit Install

I installed my IAG interior lights yesterday. It was a pretty straight forward installation. Only 2 discrepancies in instructions…I’ll post the one that did effect install in the comments, the other was that they didn’t say to unhook the kick plate so I had to figure that out. :woman_facepalming: I did defer to my EE husband once it got to dealing with the actual wire harness, but I did 98% of the install myself. Took about 3hrs start to finish & it makes a WORLD of difference. They fade off with the stock lights, so about 30sec after you close the doors.
I will say, NOTHING was labeled. It would have been nice if the individual lights had a sticker on the back to indicate which was which…even a DF/DR, PF/PR would have been helpful…I also accidentally clipped the wrong end of the 2nd wire harness into the 1st one and when the clip for the light ended up overtop of my visor, I knew I messed up.:rofl: That was an easy fix though, but if it was labeled I wouldn’t have messed it up.:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Really nice job and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Super useful. I’ll be ordering / installing this myself soon enough.

1 Like

This is something i am wanting to do. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Bought some. They arrived, now just need some nice weather to install them.

I loved them so much I moved them from my 21MY to my new 24MY. There in, but I have yet to hook up power. I dread tapping the wire at the connector behind the knee bolster. It was a pain, and I hate scotch locks. I also want to connect them to an upfitter switch, so I’ve got to get an upfitter wire to the knee bolster area. Busted the diode on the power tap wire when removing from the older truck. Took me a while to figure that out.

With such an involved install (love mine, btw), I think I’d just leave mine in, and buy another set.

How do you like the '24?

Yeah… I thought about that. But they were pretty new. Wasn’t too bad, but they are still not working. I can get them to work off the upfitter switch not not the tap to the interior lights. I cannot imagine there was a harness change to 24MY.

RE: 24MY. Love it. SAS and LUX are the big upgrades. I guess the only other real change is the 3.0 steering rack and dash stitching. And I reset my ODO from 45K to 0…

2 Likes

Mabett has a nice alternative to the IAG that plugs into the rear dome

1 Like

I like that solution. It’s definitely easier to install!