Volunteer Opportunities?

So our HR team has decided to “give” us 40 hrs of volunteer time per year. It can be for any 501c3, which I understand this club is. Do we have any volunteer activities that I can support? Are we involved in any trail maintenance or similar things? Main stipulation is that we have to take pics of what we are doing and it really can only be 1 day at a time.

-Thanks

1 Like

Welcome! :slight_smile:

We are a 503c non-profit for sure.

@Stonewalker, do you know if we have a 2024 trail-cleanup day scheduled yet?

I am not aware of any at this point in time. Is there something I can do to help with this?

We have discussed a trip cleanup day and Ihave the information from the DNR on how to adopt a trail. I would love to get it set up and on the schedule, I just have not had the time to get it done. I’m sure the club would be open to other ideas too. We just had someone post about disability dirt days at Holly Oaks, we would look into more direct involvement in that program come up with something similar in other locations as well.

Here is the link- Adopt-a-Forest: Keep Michigan's Forests Clean

I would like to adopt the Gladwin ORV route. We have a family cabin close by and could likely leverage some of the equipment there to help. It’s also the closest location to metro Detroit and pretty central in the state, so we could likely get a good group to participate. Of course if someone wants to dive in and get something started, it could be a different route.

1 Like